No matter what you do to get ready for your new baby, a birth injury is often well beyond any parent’s expectations. There is no way to prepare for the emotional and financial stress of a birth injury, especially when caused by improper or negligent medical care. We work with you so you will not have to face this difficult time alone.
We compassionately work with you to identify circumstances and procedures that can cause birth injuries. Some of the most commonly cited preventable birth injuries include:
• Cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy (also called brachial plexus palsy)
• Brain swelling or hemorrhaging
• Skull fractures or other broken bones, especially a fractured clavicle (collar bone)
• Brachial Plexus Injuries (BPI) – a type of nerve damage
• Brain damage due to Perinatal Asphyxia (lack of oxygen) caused by umbilical cord compression or strangulation
• Spinal Cord Injuries caused by the use of forceps, leading to paralysis or other neurologic problems.
Although there is no way to undo the injuries, we believe your child deserves the opportunity to live a full and rewarding life. We work with families to determine responsibility for preventable birth injuries, and our experienced attorneys make the process as stress free as possible, fighting on your family’s behalf for the compensation you deserve. You can count on Earner & Weaver to manage the difficult aspects of the process, allowing you time to spend with your child.