We believe that when a single person is injured, the whole community was injured too. We believe this because when a careless person or company violates any of the rules of safety designed to keep the community safe, then the whole community is at risk. When a serious injury occurs in our community, it is our responsibility to help the injured person and also look at how the injury could have been prevented and work to deter future bad acts.
The civil court system exists in our communities to help keep us all safe by providing a mechanism to hold careless people accountable for their actions. The courts help hold them financially responsible for the damage they cause. The courts also sometimes allow what is called compensatory damages to punish the wrongdoer and deter others from unsafe behavior.
The attorneys at Earner & Weaver have dedicated themselves to the practice of law that helps injured people. Our goal is to make punish reckless behavior and make it as costly as possible for the careless person. By doing that, we believe we can help make the communities we work in safer and that we can help prevent injury to other people.
The following are examples of the types of serious cases we handle:
- Auto accidents: When careless drivers violate traffic rules by speeding, texting, driving drunk or other reckless behavior, they endanger all other drivers on the road.
- Paralysis: A spinal cord injury has a lifelong impact, from personal challenges to family finances.
- Loss of Limb:
- Brain injury: A traumatic brain injury creates great financial hardships for the entire family, who are often placed in the role of caregivers.
- Injuries to children: It is always heartbreaking when children are the victims of life-altering accidents.
- Injuries caused by negligence: Many accident victims never pursue legal action for injuries caused by negligence. This can be costly to everyone.
- Slips and falls: If a safety hazard caused you to fall, the property owner can be held legally responsible.
- Dog bites: North Carolina’s dog bite law is not always favorable to victims.
- Accidents at work: If you were injured on the job, you may be entitled to more than workers’ compensation.
Your Serious Injury Advocates
You only want what is fair, but what’s fair may be more than you think. After a serious injury, we work with physicians, therapists and other professionals to ensure that monetary damages reflect all costs you will face, including hospital bills, future medical care, lost wages, lasting disability or disfigurement, and compensation for pain and suffering.
The attorneys at Earner & Weaver, will stand up for your rights and go all the way to trial if necessary to hold the negligent parties and insurers to their legal obligation. Call us at 866-433-1991, or contact us online. Many times the free consultation can be conducted over the phone to avoid the necessity of a trip. We are always willing to come to you. Especially after a serious injury, we can come to your home or hospital.