Worker’s Compensation Attorneys

At Earner & Weaver we help with all aspects of worker’s compensation claims. We know this is a critical time for you and your family. It’s scary, whats next is often unknown, and you aren’t sure who to trust. Well, you can trust us. 

We offer for free to everyone in the state, a no obligation consultation where we will review your case, explain all your rights and options to you, and help you make the best decision on how to proceed with your situation. 

Click Here to Call (877) 8MaineLaw Now

I was lost when I got into my accident. Everything I worked so hard for was gone and I didn’t have the money to get back on my feet. Michael was a godsend. With his advice and help I was able to pick myself back up and get what was rightfully mine. I cannot say how grateful I am Michael, thank you, thank you so much for helping me and my family.

Olivia (York)

Am I eligible for a Worker’s Comp Claim?

Workers’ compensation covers all injuries or illnesses that happen while you are working. Injuries that occur while you’re off-duty, or traveling to or from work typically do not qualify. However, there are sometimes exceptions to this rule. It is always best to speak to a lawyer if you are not sure if you are covered. 

What types of injuries are covered?

Traumatic injuries, like broken bones from something falling on you or a concussion from a slip and fall that happen on the job are definitely covered. Occupational diseases are covered as well. Occupational diseases  are sometimes trickier because they are injuries or illnesses that occur over a period of time, like carpal tunnel, or a respiratory illnesses from breathing in chemicals for periods of time.

How much time do I have to file a claim?

When you’re injured at work in Maine, you should notify your employer and get medical treatment right away. The law says you must notify your employer within 30 days of your accident or of discovering your work-related occupational disease. If you do not do that, you risk losing your right to collect benefits. However, the sooner the better.

What happens after I notify my employer?

You employer is required to complete a form called a “First Report of Injury.” They only have seven days to do that once you let them know about your situation. Your employer sends this report to the Maine Workers’ Compensation Board and they must also provide a copy to you, as the injured party, and the insurance company that issued the policy. After that, the insurance company has 14 days to either accept or deny your claim.

How Do I Get Medical Care?

If you are in an emergency situation, you can go to the nearest hospital or treatment center. Make sure you let the hospital staff know the injury happened at work. If it is not an emergency situation, your employer can tell you which doctor to go see and you must go to them or your employer does not have to pay. However, you are only required to stay with that doctor for the first ten days and then you can notify your employer that you are changing doctors, if you want to. 

I asked Mr.Earner for some advice on how to handle a problem that I was having. He not only gave me the advice that I need he went above and beyond and walk hand and hand with me through the whole thing. I would definitely recommend Mr.Earner to anyone that is look for legal help and I’m so glad I have him on my side.

Lenny (Kittery)

What benefits can I receive?

Any necessary medical care will be covered by workers’ comp, including all of the related doctors’ visits, hospital bills, prescriptions, and anything else you need to complete your treatment. Teh program will also reimburse you for mileage back and forth to medical treatments. Finally, the program will also pay benefits for lost wages for any period of time that you are totally disabled and unable to work.

The total incapacity benefits are two-thirds of your average weekly wages, subject to a weekly maximum of $829.30 (as of July 1, 2018). You can continue to receive total incapacity disability benefits for as long as you are totally disabled.

Click Here to Call (877) 8MaineLaw Now

When should you hire a lawyer?

Car Accident Lawyer Maine Utah
Lady Justice

We believe it is best to always contact a lawyer immediately after any workplace injury. This is especially true in the following situations:

  • Your claim was denied
  • Your employer offered you money to not make a claim
  • Your employer fired you after making a claim
  • If your injuries involve the loss of or loss of use or your hands, feet, arms, legs, or eyes
  • Any sort of paralysis
  • Any total mental incapacity
  • If you have a loved one who dies while working
  • If you are going to miss more than a few days of work

I first reached out to Mike after I had problems with an insurance company not paying for what they should. Within a week we had a plan together and had a letter out to the company explaining why they were wrong and what they needed to do to make it right. They responded about a week later and agreed to make it right. His knowledge of the law and ability to get people to do what is right is awesome. There is nobody I would recommend more.

Mark (Sanford)

Who you work with matters. 

Who will I be working with at your firm?

Attorney Earner

In York County, you will be working directly with Attorney Michael Earner. Attorney Earner is a founding member of the firm. He is in charge of the day-to-day operations and ensuring that clients are properly cared for.

Michael has always had a passion for helping people and always seeks out opportunity to serve others. When Michael was in his early 20’s, he answered a call to give back by joining the US Army shortly after September 11, 2001.

Earner on Afghan Patrol

Michael was injured during a combat patrol in Afghanistan and he opted to undergo an early, honorable, medical discharge from the military. He is now a disabled veteran rated at 100%. 

Michael decided to continue his service to others as a lawyer and used his GI Bill to go to law school. In Maine, Michael is a Master Mason (Raised in Naval Lodge #184), he also serves as an Assistant Scoutmaster in the Boy Scouts of America and he can be found working with youth as a sports coach on football, soccer and lacrosse fields around the county.

Coaching Youth Football

Michael has earned five college degrees including two undergraduate (A.S, B.A.) and three graduate degrees (J.D., L.L.M., M.B.A) and has completed additional graduate coursework at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Cornell University. Michael is a relentless advocate for injured people and he is never afraid to take on any challenge. Quite simply, Michael is all of the things you want in a lawyer, he is tough, smart, and easy to work with. 

Click Here to Call (877) 8MaineLaw Now

Attorney Earner helped me with a legal issue that I didn’t expect to be in and that caused a lot of immediate stress and potential hardship for me and my family. He got involved immediately and within a few days I knew everything was going to be ok. He completely resolved the issue for me and it turned out exactly the way I had hoped. He will always be my first call and I recommend anyone in Eliot or anywhere in York county do the same.

Megan (Eliot)

I Need Help, How Do I Get Started

The best way to get started is to simply pick a date and time on the calendar that works for you and scheduled a free, no obligation on-line consultation. We make it simple to begin working with you.   

The next best way to get started is to simply give us a call. We have a pretty easy to remember phone number: 877-8MaineLaw. You can call any time, day or night. If we cant answer, you will get a call back very quickly. If you prefer that we call you first, you can simply fill out a form on the right side of the screen and we will contact you shortly.  

Have you recently been in an car crash (or know someone who has)? We help with those too. Check out this article on 7 things you should do after a motor vehicle accident.